Savvy Minerals Makeup by Young Living!
The introduction of the Savvy Minerals by Young Living makeup line marks a pivotal point in the beauty industry. Women are demanding better products, not just for their families and homes but for themselves too. We are educating ourselves and raising our expectations for the products we use.
The average woman is exposed to 500 harsh chemicals a day and 80 of those exposures happen before breakfast. Did you know our skin absorbs 60-70% of what we apply topically? That's eye-opening and a bit frightening, guys! This exposure comes from numerous items, and beauty products and makeup are most definitely included.
Just because it's sold on the shelf doesn't make it safe.
Did you know the FDA doesn't approve the ingredients in our cosmetics? They only take action against them after they've been found to be harmful, adulterated or misbranded.
The U.S. based non-profit environmental advocacy group Environmental Defense tested 49 different cosmetic items including foundations, concealers, powders, blushes, eye liners, eye shadows, mascaras, lipstick and lip glosses and found a great deal of heavy metal contamination in nearly all of them: lead, arsenic, beryllium, thallium, and cadmium. Personally, I don't want any of that in my cosmetics, and definitely not on my skin or in my body.
So how do Savvy Minerals compare?
You will not find any of these in Savvy:
- Lake dyes/lead
- Gluten (not currently certified gluten-free, but ingredients do not contain gluten)
Here is my personal before and after pic! I was excited for my makeup to come in, and even though I didn't even have the right brushes (impatiently awaiting the launch of our makeup brush set), I decided to wing it. It actually took longer trying to take a picture of myself in natural light & get the same angle after than it did to apply! My lovely assistant (& daughter), Olive, helped me with the picture-taking.
What else do I love about Savvy Minerals besides how clean the ingredients are?
- You don't need much of the minerals at all, so they last a long time. (Tip: Instead of peeling the sticker back to reveal all of the holes, use a pin to poke a few of the holes...that way you won't shake too much product into your cap! You really don't need much!)
- It's buildable. I only did one light layer of foundation because I actually love my freckles and don't want to cover them fully. You can apply as many layers as you want to get the coverage you want though! (I used Misting Spray to apply, but if you want liquid foundation, you can mix the foundation with YL moisturizer to apply!)
- This makeup takes multi-tasking to another level. I used the Diamond Dust Veil (designed to use all over your face after you are done with your makeup) to brighten the corners of my eyes and as a type of "fiber lash," if you will, with my mascara! I also blended a little foundation with the dark multitasker for my brows...and used the multitasker by itself for liquid eyeliner. (You can use the multitasker dry for eyeliner for a smoky look, or use the misting spray with it to create a liquid liner. This line is so DIVERSE! Blush for eye shadow? Sure, why not?!
- It highlights your natural beauty! People keep telling me how I achieved the natural look with my makeup...which makes me super happy since I'm a natural kind of girl!
- It feels light on your face, like you aren't wearing makeup.
- Prices are comparable to other natural brands!
How do I order?
The great thing about buying Young Living Savvy Mineral Makeup is that you can become a Young Living wholesale member at the same time! You will ALWAYS get 24% off the retail prices...essential oils, supplements, cleaning supplies, body care products and MAKEUP! Woohoo!
There are several options for purchasing your Savvy Minerals. You can:
+ Purchase one of 4 Savvy Minerals Makeup starter kits for $150 (valued at $262). Choose from one of four foundation shades and receive a customized kit that includes:
- 1 Foundation
- 1 Blush
- 3 Eyeshadows
- 1 lip gloss
- Misting Spray
- Foundation Brush
- 5-ml Lavender Essential Oil
- Savvy Minerals by Young Living Booklet
- Introduction to Young Living Booklet
+ Purchase your essential oils Premium Starter Kit ($160 for 11 everyday oils & cool-mist diffuser) and add makeup to your order (for those of you who've wanted to dive into using oils to help bring balance and wellness to your lives AND desire clean makeup).
+ Purchase a Basic Membership for $45 and add the makeup you want to your order. (You still are a wholesale member, receiving 24% off any purchases, but this option only includes one essential oil- the popular Stress Away blend.)
+ Purchase makeup individually through the Retail option.
As always, if you have any questions feel free to contact me through this site/social media, etc. I'm happy to help!